Friday, October 26, 2012

Sweet Rain

A beautiful dream to be remembered:

A breeze picks up and wraps around me. In this colourful meadow, I stand still and breath in the air that is filled with the scent of flowers. I hear the birds sing and trees move along with the wind in harmony. This beautiful sight, leaves me speechless. The wind keeps blowing, the dark clouds march along and rain starts to fall on my face.

I love it when it rains. I also love to stand under the rain because the rain disguises my tears and it feels safe to cry. I always wanted to be strong and never show my tears. However, from time to time, this strong me, breaks.

I close my eyes and this time, this time, I let my tears fall. It's been so long since I let myself go. So I cried it all out, all the pain, all the sorrow. The rain washes them all away, away from my burden soul. The tears won't stop coming, I can no longer stop them. I feel weak as I continue crying. Where is the strong me? I ask myself. Gone?

I feel a hand on my face, wiping my tears. I feel a stroke through my hair, comforting my soul. I hear a voice, telling me that I'm stronger. I feel a strong hug, holding my brokenness and fixing me back from pieces. I feel strength, flowing from you to me.

I feel you finally let go and I open my eyes.

I laugh, really hard. So hard, that I find myself breathless. Your hair is down, flat and dreanch completely from the rain. It is not the usual you, but it is still you. I see worry leave your face and a smile spread across it as you watch me laugh. The rain still falls, but it no longer tastes of bitterness and sorrows. Instead, it tastes of sweetness and joy.

Dear rain, what do you taste like?
The rain, is sweet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment