Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Selflessnes VS. Selfishness

 Selfishness
The 1st Chinese character I learned how to write was “我” Which also means "I",  "me" or "myself". Then only I learned "you" and "we", see what they teach in life? They teach you to put yourself, in front of everything else. 

Selfishness means to denote an excessive or exclusive concern with oneself, and as such it exceeds a mere self interest or self concern.

When I was still a child, every time my friends borrow stuff from me, I would count 1 use as 1 sen. (I know, such a big fuss over such a small thing, right?) I was as selfish as any other children would be, children are like that they can't share are their things. When I got older, i was introduce to Selflessness.

Selflessness

Luke 6:27-31

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you. 


 "What?!" you would ask, "LOVE someone who HATES you?" It's not an easy task, but it is not impossible. Jesus dies for us, on the cross while we still looked at Him with eyes full of hatred. This is what you call selflessness. 

2 Corinthians 3:18
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord — who is the Spirit — makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

The Holy Bible teaches us to walk in Jesus' footsteps and follow Him, so why can't we be like Him? We might not even have to die like He did.



Do not be a selfish person, but be a selfless person. Keep Luke 6:27-31 in your heart, and every time you see the person you hate, think of what Christ had done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment