Monday, December 29, 2014

The Joy of a Promise Fulfilled

There are certain energies little children bring with them. Enthusiasm, excitement, but my favorite among these is that joy they bring to you.

I visit the same house 3 times before this little joy came along. The first time when I was 10, another 2 times when I was 16 and 18. For all these years, every time I visited, the house looks the same, smells the same and everything is functioning the same way, even the daily schedule.

However, after these many years, when I visited again this time, the craziest thing happened. A little girl came along with her parents to pick me up. There were toys everywhere in the house and things were definitely upside down and a little disorientated. But the most obvious difference is the crazy joy that tiny little girl spreads around whenever she walks around that house.

The joy of a promise fulfilled is so wonderful, even if the promise took many years. God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment