Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hope

Lost. I'm So lost. My poor sense of directions always surprises me. In a hill like this with all the paths marked out by the numerous times people walked on. I have no idea how I got here, stuck in a deep forest without a single footprint. It then suddenly starts to drizzle and I'm still lost.

I tried to walk around and see whether I could find another path nearby. The whispers of the rain started to volume up into loud roars of thunder. I took cover under a tree that has quite thick layers of leaves but it wasn't much help. The rain still found its way to me. I was drenched wet and started to shiver, from fear.

You appeared out of nowhere, placed your hand over my shoulders and told me: "It's alright, everything is gonna be just fine. The rain will stop soon and you'll find your way." Just like that and you disappeared without a trace. True enough the rain did stop pretty fast after that and I saw the two poles of hope that we named, I finally knew where I was. You appeared again and gave me a hug.

I woke up, feeling pain. What I thought was your shoulder turned out to be the hard bamboo armrest on the bamboo chair I fell asleep in. The dream was over but my hope was restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment