Monday, August 22, 2011

Not Now? Then When?

I went to the library with a few friends the other day, although my exams were over, I went there cause I had nothing else to do.

It's frustrating how full the library is every time I go there and we'll end up in the children's zone. Yada, yada, yada, as usual, we went to terminal 1 for lunch. 

It was raining super duper heavy, but we were too hungry, well actually only I was. We ran all the way there. By the time we got there, we were soaked to the soul.

Long story cut short, I saw a blood donation there. No wait, I didn't see it, someone was like "Excuse me, do you want to donate blood?" At first, I wanted to, but I told myself 'Nah, I'm too young, maybe next couple of years until I'm 18 first. By the way, I'm super hungry now '

At first we went to KFC, but then we decided to go to the food court. doodled around a bit, went to buy present for a party later on, then went to guitar store to buy a new capo, I lost my old one and a B string, cause I broken it the day before. After all the hustle, we went window shopping and finally back to the library.

Short story cut shorter, on the way back to the library, I saw a old man, I think he was blind. He was sitting on the street with a box full of small packs of tissue and a basket with a little money. I thought of giving him the money that was left in my wallet after the shopping spree, but I was holding too much stuff and my wallet was tight and deep in my pocket and we were walking very fast. So again i thought 'Next time, I see someone like him, I'll give.'

I totally don't feel proud of myself, the reason why I'm writing it here is to tell myself, I must do it next time and I'm never too young.

Jeremiah 1:7
But the LORD said to me,
“Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ 
You must go to everyone I send you to
and say whatever I command you.

And sometimes, there are no next times, I could have bid a dear friend of mine her last farewell. See the sand clock picture? You can't stop it or let back up unless you turn it around. So, not now? Then when?

No comments:

Post a Comment